Have you ever had a day so great that you did not want it to end? I have! Yesterday! There was a wonderful reception/book signing at Hendersonville Public Library in Hendersonville, TN. I got to talk about two things I am passionate about--my book and genealogy. I met several great people for the very first time and visited with some old friends!! The question and answer time after I spoke was fun. These people had the best questions and it spurred great conversation.
Later that evening I saw my granddaughter at her dance recital. She was beautiful and what a dancer!!!
At bedtime I told Sam, "This is such an awesome day, I don't want it to end!" But end it did, and this morning I shall look for other great adventures!!! Thank God for abundant life!!!!
Tomorrow I will be at the Hendersonville Library in Hendersonville TN from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. speaking and signing my books (books will be available for sale). At 1:00, we will open with a reception and a time of an introduction of myself and notes on writing historical manuscripts, followed by a question and answer time. Ask about writing or about my books and how they came to be.
Looking forward to this time together.
I had a great weekend. Falcon Rest in McMinville, Tn was a wonderful time of connecting to some special people. Those of you who have not visited there, please give it a try.
I was in Hendersonville, Tn to mark a special Day at the church we once pastored and honor a great man there, Rayburn Selvage. Of course, talked with lots about my books and sold a few. Some are waiting to buy when I will be at the Hendersonville Library next weekend at 1:00 - 3:00. I will read a passage and talk about writing historical fiction. I will also talk to geneaolgists about the stories written for family history. Then, I will sign for the rest of the time. There will be a reception also. Some finger foods and MAYBE my Strawberry Lemondade. YUM.
If you are anywhere near McMinville,TN tomorrow, come by Falcon Rest for my book signing!!! Even if you have both books (both will be available), we can visit, and you will have a great experience in southern architecture and history. The place is lovely. Check it out online. 10:00-12:00. See you there. A special thank you to Mary Robbins for putting this together. We finally get to meet tomorrow!!!!
1. Identify threads of stories in Bad Blood? Which thread of the story interested you most? Why?
2. What are differences in a woman's existence in 1895 and now?
3. Talk about your feelings regarding Lottie. Why did she stay as long as she did? Why would she finally leave with Beck? How does your moral conscience answer her leaving with Beck?
4. Talk about your feelings regarding Sugar. Do you, like Lottie, feel Sugar was the strongest family member? Why or why not?
5. Which woman are you most closely drawn to? Why?
6. Tell your feelings about: Nathe? Owen? Beck? The bet?
7. Have you ever had a premonition or a sixth sense about a situation or known anyone that did? How do feel about this phenomenon? If you don't have a sixth sense, would you want to? Why or why not?
8. How does the setting figure into the book? Does the setting feel like a character in itself? Does it come to life? Did you feel you were experiencing the time and place in which the book was set?
9. Did the book end the way you expected? Tell other ways it could have ended and what the repercussions might have been.
10. How are the themes of this book similar to situations in the 21st century? How do we deal with these same type of situations and what are some contrasting endings of modern people's choices in similar areas of their lives?
Personal reflection/book club questions.
1. Would a situation like Nathe had at 9 years old make you want Revenge?
Have you ever wanted Revenge? Were you successful? If so, how did it feel over a length of time?
2. What are the moral implications of Revenge?
3. Do you know families that have carried bad experiences from generation to generation? How did it affect future generations?
4. Do you ever experience a voice from your past reminding you of things like Nathe did with Amps? ( visible or invisible).
5. Have you ever had a ghostly experience?
6. Which characters would you most like to meet? What questions would you ask them?
7. How does the setting figure into the book? Does the setting feel like a character in itself? Does it come to life? Did you feel you were experiencing the time and place in which the book was set?
8. What are some of the book's themes? How important were they?
9. How are the book's images symbolically significant? Do the images help to develop the plot, or help to define characters?
10. Did the book end the way you expected?
Books clubs,, you asked for it....On Tuesday, I will be posting personal reflection questions and/or questions for book clubs on both Revenge and Bad Blood. Don't forget to look for them.
For those not in a book club, I would love to see your responses with a posting on the blog with the questions. Simply put which Book and question #, then your response!!!
If you do not see one close to you, talk to me about it. It may be coming up or, if not, we could arrange.
Book signing April 20, 2013 at Falcon Rest in McMinnville,TN beginning at 10:00 a.m. Please go to the Falcon Rest web site http://www.falconrest.com/ and see this lovely place. Makes a great outing for the family and you can get my book(s) at the same time, and get it signed
I will be at the Hendersonville Library (TN) on Saturday, April 27 from 1-3 p.m. More info to come. Hope to see lots of friends there. I will be speaking to writers and genealogists that want to make stories come alive.
Lawrenceburg (TN) inMay. More info to follow!!!
The REVENGE Series! Follow me!!! Would love to hear from readers!